Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Exhaustion and Tea

Okay here is the truth, there are a ton of great stories to tell, and by the end of the day, no energy with which to tell them.

Yesterday we toured the entire city and went all over and ate local food at a woman's home and walked through markets and saw ruins and mosques and it was so fun and so beautiful.

Today we had class pretty much all day. It was entertaining.

Fun facts:
We can walk about 20 minutes and get to the ocean.
Cats are good luck in Islam, dogs, bad.
Cats roam the streets... a lot of cats.
I've seen one dog my entire three days in the country.
It rains in Africa.
It is cold in Africa... Brrrrr......
I don't speak Arabic... or French.
Not speaking Arabic or French in Morocco leaves one virtually worthless.
Bread in Morocco is eaten as often as rice in China (or so we were told).
Moroccan tea is the best thing in the entire world ever known to mankind and I never want to leave this country if it means I can't have Moroccan tea.

6 comments:

  1. Well I guess like momos from Nepal, I now need to find me some Moroccan tea somewhere in southeast Michigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bri,
    We love your blog. Thank you for teaching us about Morocco. We wonder why you like the tea so much? Why are cats good luck? What is your favorite thing about Morocco?
    mom and her class (these are their questions)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog! I don't know why I like tea so much. Maybe because Mrs. G likes tea so much! Lots of people here practice a religion called Islam, and to people who practice this religion, cats are good luck! My favorite part of Morocco is learning about new languages and cultures.

      Delete
  3. Sounds beautiful, now i also want to find the Moroccan tea, do they put anything in it like milk and sugar? because i like my tea plain and the British think that is really strange. Love your blog, you make me feel like i am with you in that beautiful country. How wonderful that you can walk to the beautiful ocean in 20 min.
    love you,
    granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweetie...so great to hear how much you love the tea and everything ....good luck with the witch project....stay alert to any and all situations....and come home healthy and happy....Papa and I love love love you soooo much...gma gries

    ReplyDelete